Allen takes pride in ensuring that customer orders are delivered in premier condition. However, there may be times when a product arrives damaged or missing from a shipment. In the event that this happens, the following policy will help determine the necessary course of action.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE INSPECTED
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE DESTINATION
THE INSPECTION MUST OCCUR PRIOR
TO SIGNING FOR THE DELIVERY
PROPER INSPECTION PROCEDURE
- Verify that ALL items have been received.
- Complete a visual inspection of the product and its packaging. If there is evidence of damage on the packaging or pallets, a more thorough inspection should be completed. (pictures and detailed descriptions of damage are required)
- Upon completion of the above inspection(s), if damage is found or there are parts missing, the delivery receipt (BOL) from the carrier must be signed as damaged or missing. This must be done with the carrier present and a claim number issued immediately. If the delivery receipt is not noted as damaged or missing, claims to Allen Engineering for replacement parts will be denied.
- After the carrier assigns a claim number, the receiver can then sign the BOL if they decide to keep the shipment. If the receiver rejects the shipment, liability for returned shipping costs will be determined by the original order(s) shipping terms.
Please contact an Allen customer service
representative with any questions about this policy.
PROCESS FOR DAMAGED OR MISSING FREIGHT
For Customer Arranged Freight (Collect, Will Call, 3rd Party)
- The customer is responsible for resolving all claims with the carrier when they arrange for freight.
- Concealed damage may exist where there is no evidence of damage to the packaging. This damage must be reported to the customers’ carrier within five business days.
- Orders for replacement goods will require a new purchase order with standard terms and conditions.
For Allen Arranged Freight (Freight Allowed, Prepaid & Add)
- Contact an Allen customer service representative and provide the properly noted and signed delivery receipt, pictures and detailed information.
- Concealed damage may exist where there is no evidence of damage to the packaging. This damage must be reported within five business days to Allen customer service, or claims may be denied.
- Allen Customer service will investigate and determine if a ‘no-cost replacement’ is warranted.
- If it is determined that the shipment can be repaired or that disposal is required, and the receiver agrees to perform (or have performed) the actions needed, an estimate of these costs must be submitted with the claim.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
- Allen is not responsible for loss of, or damage to, material after it has been received and accepted. The customer is responsible for protecting the product.
- Once material has moved from its original destination as specified on the delivery receipt, claims cannot be filed.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make certain that drop-ship locations are aware and follow the above procedures.
- Allen will only assume the responsibility of freight damage and filing of a freight claim provided the signed delivery receipt is marked as damaged or missing. Allen CANNOT file a freight claim or replace material if the shipment is accepted without acknowledgment by the carrier of missing or damaged material.
- Allen does not guarantee delivery dates and times unless specifically agreed to on the order. Delivery dates and times are estimates based on the information available and are subject to change without notice. Allen will do its best to communicate changes. Customers should work directly with freight carriers for detailed delivery schedules. Claims for missed delivery dates and times will not be approved.
Freight Rate Map